Fellowships and Clinical Research Training Awards
NIHR Research Capacity Development Programme
The RCD Programme makes research training awards to individuals who show the potential to become research leaders in their particular field and whose research is people or patient-focussed and relevant to the NHS.
- NIHR Fellowship Scheme : A new NIHR Fellowship Scheme, open to all health professions has been launched with four levels of fellowship which are available on an annual basis. Fellowships are designed primarily to buy out salary costs with a contribution to research costs.
- UKCRC/MMC Integrated Academic Training (medically qualified doctors and dentists only): Academic Clinical Fellowships and Clinical Lectureships
- NIHR Clinician Scientist Awards (medically qualified doctors and dentists only) : The NIHR Clinician Scientist Award is open to individuals who hold a PhD or MD and are currently undertaking specialty training.
Further details about the Research Capacity Development Programme
Research Councils’ Fellowship awards
- Medical Research Council
- Engineering and physical Sciences Research Council
- Economics and Social Research Council
Other Research Training Studentship and Fellowship providers include:
- Research into Ageing
- The Stroke Association
- Arthritis Research Campaign
- The Health Foundation provide ‘Leaders for Change’ Fellowships (these are for service delivery and leadership training rather than research).